Thursday, June 10, 2010

When Unemployed, Run For Office

NJ Primaries were held on Tuesday and it looks like I have something in common with Alvin Green. No, I do not have a felony complaint sworn out against me but I did run as a write in candidate for local office as an unemployed American. I noticed that there were 4 people running for 5 spots for Township Committee. I don't have a clue what they do, they don't run the town, but this didn't stop my write in candidacy.

I'll call the election board office today to see how I did.

4 comments:

Doc Milnamo said...

I wrote myself in for Township Committee (Mount Laurel) many years ago. For each district/ward etc there are two folks elected (one male and one female) for each of the two major parties. I wrote myself in for a Republican Committee person and won!

If you win, you become a member of the grass roots inner-workings of the party in your town.

My experience was from 1984 or so; YMMV!

SamShapiro said...

I found out today that a write in has to have as many vote as a nominating petition, except fire elections and one other type. My one vote didn't pull it off, as a matter of fact, I spelled my name wrong!

Doc Milnamo said...

The man is trying to keep you down!

SamShapiro said...

Doc, I sent an email to the County Chairman telling him I want the position and he asked me to call.