Friday, June 18, 2010

Big One Today

Big interview with a rather large national company. They are heavily into the construction market but now they want to go after the industrial industries. Looking for someone with contacts with utilities, refineries, chemical facilities, any type of industrial processing facility. I sure have been in enough of these facilities to more than qualify.

I'll be meeting with two people today and if all goes well, I'll be asked to take a personality test. I believe they use the Caliper test, one that I took 6 months ago and did very well on. So well that the company I took it for wanted to offer me the position until one of the brothers, family own company, got his nose bent out of joint that he didn't get a chance to interview me. He got his chance and I knew right then and there that he was not going to OK me to spite the others. My Spidey sense was confirmed a month later after bumping into the hiring manager, who was a rather cool individual.

No comments: