Wednesday, June 9, 2010

I Don't Understand Unemployment

The state of NJ makes it so easy to file for unemployment. File online and claim your benefits online. It's a pretty smooth transaction until a problem occurs and then you're on the phone forever. Last week I went to claim online and a message said I needed to call in to claim. No big deal as I had until 5pm to do this and it was 4:30. I called and another message said I had to speak with someone but they all left for the day.

The following morning, I call back and was told that I could not claim that week, had something to do with NJ having to contact PA about unemployment funds I had over there. Why couldn't someone let me know sooner? I was told that there was a message on my last mailed statement. Had that puppy right in my hand and there was no message to be found. Now she makes an appointment for me to speak with someone on the 15th at 11:20am and I also had to call in for benefits today, although I would not be getting anything until I speak to the next person. I asked her to explain why we are doing this and she tried her best but I'm afraid I don't speak the language of the state worker, which is very fast. Hopefully someone will talk slow and explain it to me on the 15th.

1 comment:

Doc Milnamo said...

Sam,

The language of the State Worker is "Assholian" and most of them speak it quite well.

Doc Milnamo