Friday, June 11, 2010

Interesting Point

KP posted something interesting yesterday about receiving 60 to 100 resumes through CareerBuilder or Monster. They suggest handing a resume to a company or even calling them. I did a little research last evening and calling a company directly was mentioned as something to do. Also, when sending a resume you should let the person know that you will call to follow up.

I am in sales and I do this all the time, being proactive and letting someone know I will follow up with a call. It's what good salespeople do but at first I thought it might be a bit pushy. Then again, you are selling yourself and all good salespeople follow up with phone calls.

I'll let you know how this works out as I'm going to include this in future cover letters and will be calling the ones I just sent out. What are your thoughts?

No comments: