Thursday, June 10, 2010

Today's Action

Got a call from a company that I really want to work for and set up a 2nd interview for next Friday.

I have sent a number of resumes through Monster and CareerBuilder but haven't received a call from the ones that I figured should be calling. I resent a resume directly to the hiring manager from one company and got a call 4 minutes later. I'll have to go back over the resumes I sent through these people and resend them. Has anyone else had problems like this? This is the second time that I have done something like this and received a call within the half hour.

2 comments:

KP said...

I receive 60 to 100 resumes from CareerBuilder a day. There are too many to read all. Those job seekers who call direct or come into the office to hand in a resume always have the best chance. Best of luck!!

SamShapiro said...

KP, when I use those services, I always send a cover letter that is bullet pointed. It's been mentioned a few times that they appreciate it as to HR only scans the highlights. You suggest calling too?