Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Business Casual?


I'm meeting with someone next week to interview for a sales position. It's a construction product used in the utility industry. I feel very excited and positive going into this interview except one thing, the gentleman said to dress business casual as he would be too.

I wear a suit for every interview. I even write down what color suit, shirt and tie so I don't wear the same combo twice. Should I wear a suit or business casual? Every article I have ever read has said to dress up for the interview, of course, but I have never seen anything saying business casual if the interviewer is going that route.

My instinct tells me suit, to show him this is important to me but what if I make him feel out of place?

Your thoughts?

2 comments:

Doc Milnamo said...

Bubba,

There are many forms of business casual. For me, for this situation, it would be hard not to pull a Barney Stinson. But, I could force myself to wear slacks, a nice shirt and a sport coat...NO tie. (But put the tie in your inside coat pocket...just in case!)

SamShapiro said...

I was thinking the same thing a few minutes ago. I think I'll do the jacket. This company is from FL, so maybe he doesn't want to pack a suit?