Friday, July 2, 2010

Gutted

I have a facebook friend who used the term "gutted" when she lost her job. I don't know why the term always stuck with me but it has. Recently, I was gutted. I interviewed for a position and didn't get it. Not that I expected to get it, but I really thought I'd be a final candidate interviewing in Florida.

I had a phone interview that went real well. I was told that I would get great consideration moving to the next level, which I did, I got a face to face with the President of the company. The interview went real well, so well tha as I was leaving I was told that I was the leading candidate. I expected a call on Wednesday with information as to the next interview...it wasn't to be.

He called an said that although I was an excellent candidate, two others had process experience in that industry, while I had experience building the housing for the processes. I was disappointed to say the least and told him so.

He told me that he didn't want to tell me what place I fell in but he interviewed 9 people and I was in the top third. What a moron. Maybe it's a good thing I din't get picked? Naw.

"We fight, get beat, rise, and fight again." - Nathanael Greene

1 comment:

dear ol' Dad said...

Hang tough big guy. You've been there before and survived.