Monday, July 25, 2011

Physical

I was reading some of my old posts and I came upon one about my benefits starting and the first thing I'd do is get a physical. I did and discovered a problem. I have Type II diabetes.

I had fallen down the basement stairs in August of 2010. I cut my leg very bad and it was taking awhile to heal, but it finally did but in the mean time, I scratched myself raw on my shin and started a new problem that would not go away. When I finally got my benefits, I went to see the doctor. He ordered blood tests. They came cack that I had Type II diabetes. The shin also developed into a staph infection.

My diabetes is under control. I'm watching what I eat. I really do need to walk a bit more often. My staph infection took a very long time to heal and was very painful. I was on a very strong antibiotic.

This whole episode makes me question healthcare in this country. I don't like the President's plan but I hate to see people not covered.

No comments: